Sneakers VEJA VENTURI X EMIR SHIRO, Ripstop
VEJA x Émir Shiro presents a powerful Venturi out of the designer’s imagination: a two-tone blend in Babe-Black made of Ripstop and leather with patchwork effect and apparent zig-zag seams. The pink-black contrast echoes his collages and makes
the model unisex.
The Venturi model is made from a combination of environmentally friendly and sustainable materials.
- Upper in Risptop (100% recycled polyester)
- Panels in Leather & T.P.U. details
- Side V logo in Leather
- Midsole made from sugar cane (54%)
- Outsole made from Amazonian rubber (24%) and rice waste (29%)
- Insole made from sugar cane (52%) and recycled polyester (23%)
- Cushion latex : L-Foam (30% natural latex from Brazil)
- Lining Tech (100% recycled polyester)
- Laces in organic cotton (100%)
- Backloop in recycled polyester (100%)
The lining is made of 100% recycled polyester. It has been improved to acquire better resistance to friction and provide maximum comfort and flexibility due to its knit structure. This lining is used for the Running line in particular. Made in Brazil.
This fabric features a reinforced structure as it is tearresistant due to its mesh-shaped pattern made up of fine and thicker, intertwined yarns. If there is a tear in the fabric, it will be narrowed down to the circumference of the square. Being a light material, it is often used on outdoor activities, which requires solid technical expertise (100% recycled polyester). Made in Brazil.
The leather comes from the Rio Grande do Sul farms, a Brazilian state located at the border of Argentina. It is tanned in Brazil, respecting the REACH norms. Special attention is paid to water usage during the tanning process. The tanneries supplying VEJA leather are Gold certified by the Leather Working Group which
promotes sustainable environmental practices. Made in Brazil.
The L-Foam is the VEJA Running technology. Made out of 30% natural latex and 70% synthetic latex, the cushioning insert brings comfort and protection against vibrations (30% natural latex, 70% synthetic latex). Made in Brazil.
The ThermoPlastic Polyurethane (TPU) is a film glued on the sneaker. It provides additional seamless reinforcement, yet very light.
- Size Chart
- The use of a washing machine is not recommended as it may alter the properties of the different materials. Before you wear the shoes for the first time, we advise you to waterproof your shoes with a spray adapted to the material and to repeat this operation regularly.
- Leather models: treat the leather with a specific leather care product (spray or cream). The suede sections can be maintained by dry brushing.
- Since 2005, VEJA has been making sneakers differently infusing each stage of production with a positive impact. Environmentally friendly sneakers, made with raw materials sourced from organic farming and ecological agriculture, without chemicals or polluting processes. Sneakers that treat humans with respect, are produced in dignified conditions, in direct consultation with producer associations and manufacturers.